Sometimes you may get problem with access files which are hidden on your hosting server like HostGator or any other hosting server. So in order to show hidden files i have given a simple tutorial to easily entry into hidden files, Mostly which files are hidden are as follows.
Show hidden files with two ways :
1. Directly from Hosting server( Cpanel)
Many of newbies forgot to check show hidden files option in cpanel when they access at first time it always come up with small pop-up where it give you chance to show hidden files or not. Most of guys did wrong and uncheck that option which result you to come here to read this article It’s ok lets start I have given some steps below just follow them.
* Open your Server(Cpanel) and search for “Files” title tab there you will find a option with “Legacy File Manager” just click over that and it will arise with pop-up like below
After selecting “Show Hidden Files” option you will be redirected to file manager where you can obtain any hidden file you want.
2. Use FTP Clients to Show Hidden Files
Just follow below setting to show hidden files.
- Right-click the site you want to work with from the “Site Manager” tab, and select “Properties”.
- Click the “Actions” tab and click the “Filter” button.
- Enable the “Enable filtering” and the “Enable server side filtering” checkboxes.
-ain the “Remote filter” field and click “OK” then “Connect” to save your changes and connect to the site.
- Click the “Edit” menu option and select “Settings”.
- Select the site you want to work with and click the “Edit” button.
- Select “Startup” on the left of the window and enter
-lain the “Remote field mask” field.
- Click “OK” then “Connect” to save your changes and connect to the site.
- Select the “Preferences” option on the menu tree and click the “Preferences” button.
- Select the “Panels” option on the menu tree (under “Environment”)
- Enable the “Show hidden files” checkbox and click “OK”.
I hope this task is become more easier with my given tutorial, If you have any alternative way just write down in below comment box.
Comments are Valued