Install WordPress theme by following a simple tutorial below where I have presented Two simple ways to Install WordPress theme safely and instantly.On previous post we have reviewed on Installing a WordPress on Windows So after running WordPress you might be feeling bored with Default WordPress theme, want to switch away from that theme but don’t have any idea how to Newly install WordPress theme. Here is a simple tutorial with detailed Screenshots, So that Newbies can easily Install new WordPress themes according to their Website Niche. Basically there are two methods to Install WordPress theme.
Methods to Install WordPress Theme
Method 1 : Through WordPress Dashboard
Navigate to your Dashboard–>Appearance–>Themes.
* You will find some default WordPress themes below, choose anyone you like and click on “Activate” .
* If you want to Install WordPress theme by own you can Select “install themes” . You will find one search tab where you can search for various themes which are freely available from WordPress Developers.
* If you want to Upload your Own customized or Paid WordPress theme you can do so by click on “Upload” Choose .Zip file
Eg: Genesis.zip and hit “Install Now”, it will took some time according to your theme size and your internet connection to upload files into server. After Uploading “Activate” that theme and Enjoy your Stay with fresh WordPress theme.
Recommended : Install WordPress theme Genesis Framework
Method 2 : Through Server or FTP
In order to Install WordPress theme, this way is pretty straight forward and simple. You can Use Server File Manager something like this :
* Download your theme with Genesis.zip extension.
* Login to your Server Cpanel and open your File Manager then look for WordPress path where you have installed.
* Navigate to /wp-content/themes/ directory. Here we have to upload New theme just click on “Upload” at left top and it will open new tab where you will browse that Genesis.Zip theme file then it will be uploaded into theme directory and extract it.
* Extract the file in your computer and then to upload the content in the desired folder via FTP “http://sitename.com/wp-content/themes/”
Now you have uploaded your new theme successfully, head to Dashboard => themes then select your choice to make Default theme for your website.
I have shown you two possible ways to install WordPress theme, I hope you got me right if you still facing problem you are welcomed to share your queries in below comments.